unknown
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
1. You can have fields dedicated only to queries - bind them up as
described above. These will form a query whenever you send the display
group the qualifyDataSource message (you can bind this up through a
button for example). I'm only using this in one place, but it seems to
work okay.

2. You can use the same text fields for display as for query. This is
mostly what we do - connect up a button and have it send the
enterQueryMode message to your display group. When in query mode, the
text fields will act as qualifiers for your query - when in edit mode,
they display data from the currently selected EOEnterpriseObject in
your display group. This has worked fairly well for us.

Another thing that may help you - I've seen similar error messages to
yours when I tried to hook up a query field to an instance variable in
my EO subclass which wasn't actually present in the EOModel. So I
think you can only do queries on fields that are in the EOModel.

Hope that helps.

-Ryan
I'm using OSX, and up to now Cocoa/EOF, but it's ok me for me
to use Java and make a Java Client Application. (Anyway, up to
Now I don't have a line of code, so I think it doesn't change anything
if using ObjC or Java)
Hence, I use EOBuilder to build my database, and Interface builder
To build my interface.
It is quite frustrating because I'm sure we can do the bindings
graphically
under IB, exactly like it is shown under WebObjectBuilder (there are
even
Screenshots in the docs! And they say it's the same under IB).
code. I already successfully wrote a front end that can browse all
elements,
and add/remove/modify an entry with writing code.
I wanted to say that I could do this WITHOUT writing anycode, and that
I expected to do so for such a simple think as binding Query Variables
Of my Qualifier to interface elements (NSTextFied)
As I couldn't find "how to" bind my query variables to my interface
Objects (TextFields...) using InterfaceBuilder, I tried to make it
Programmatically using Objc, but it seems there are some pbs :-(
my fetch spec looks like
(name = $name)
fetch = [[displayGroup dataSource] fetchSpecification];
qual = [fetch qualifier];
bindings = [NSMutableDictionary new];
And
q2 = [qual qualifierWithBindings: bindings : NO];
2005-02-25 11:52:26.206 Baka[808]
<com.apple.cocoa.foundation.NSMutableDictionary 0xbf47df>
lookup of unknown key: 'name'.
This class does not have an instance variable of the name name or
_name, nor
a method of the name name, _name, getName, or _getName
The same way,
fetch = [fetch fetchSpecificationWithQualifierBindings: bindings];
Or
[[displayGroup dataSource] setQualifierBindings: bindings];
Make exactly the same error!
I was said the was a Javabridge problem, but I just don't know ...
I think I'm gonna try to make excatly the same code in Java using
a Java Client Application to compare ...
Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Regards,
Ryu
Hola Ryu!
can you be more specific... which platform are you using?
You mentioned Interface Builder; are you trying Java Client? or
Cocoa/EOF?
Dino
Hi there,
I want to write a front end to a DB, that has a search form, WITHOUT
writing
code. I already successfully wrote a front end that can browse all
elements,
and add/remove/modify an entry with writing code.
To avoid loading all the table that has 2 millions entries (hence not
"in
memory" filtering with EOPickTextAssociation), I have to make a
specific SQL
query.
Under EOBuilder, I have added a Fetch Spec to my table Entity
In this Fetch Spec, I have added the Qualifier "(name = $myName)"
But once under Interface Builder, I just can't find how to bind user
interface (NSField, NSForm) to my Query Variable (nyName).
inspector
(Inspector/Connections/EOTextAssociation) when binding to the
EODisplayGroup
that has my FetchSpec (like they talk about in the docs)
@queryMatch). I
was able to make a "simple search form", by binding my NSField to
@QueryMatch->name. But the request which is made is case insensitive,
and
not exact match, and I want to be able to execute complex sql request
as
made in EOBuilder Fetch Spec.
Interface Builder, how to bind them to interface elements, so that I
can
execute a request without writing code ?
Regards,
Ryu